Clean and Intake Decarb
This service removes built up carbon and gum deposits in the injectors,
induction system, throttle body, EGR valve and on the intake valves.
We do this by connecting the fuel rail applicator and
running the pressurised Prostream Injector Cleaner through
the fuel rail and injectors.
We then remove the air intake, set up the application tool and
apply the pressurised Prostream Induction Cleaner
into the induction system through the throttle body.
Lastly we add an In-tank Fuel System cleaner
to treat the fuel tank and the rest of the fuel system
for any contamination and moisture.
Pressurised Cleaning through Injectors
Induction cleaning through Throttle Body
Fuel System Check
Tank Additive to clean supply side
Scan Tool Diagnostic Check
Fully Qualified Mechanics -
Only Quality Parts and Brands Used –
12 Months Warranty
Why do it?
Carbon build up and contamination is not a case of “if”. It will occur.
In most petrol engines it is however a slow build up and takes time to affect the efficient operation of your car. Injectors also over time will build up gum deposits and contaminants altering/reducing their spray patterns. As it happens slowly you don’t notice it’s affects.
Excessive carbon build up will affect how your engine “breathes” and combined with injector deposits will lead to issues such as;
- poor engine idle,
- poor throttle response,
- loss of engine power and
- increased fuel consumption.
By performing a Petrol Injector Clean and Decarb you will
- Improve performance
- Improve fuel economy
- Smooth rough idle
- Lower emissions
Please Note: This service is recommended for older non “direct injection” petrol engines. For direct injection petrol engines see Prostream Petrol Intake System Carbon Clean
How does Carbon build up?
Engines rely on drawing in large quantities of air to operate efficiently, over time carbon deposits build up on the inner walls of the induction system due to emission control devices such as exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valves sending exhaust gases and unburnt fuel back into the induction system. Also the use of low viscosity engine oils and sealed crankcase ventilation.
How often is a Petrol Injector Clean and Decarb needed?
- Every 60,000 km when your vehicle does mainly short trips/city driving
- Every 80,000 km when your vehicle does mainly long trips/freeway driving
- When you start to have poor fuel economy
- When you notice your vehicle is sluggish
- When your vehicle doesn't provide the power it used to
- When your vehicle doesn't idle well
What does a Petrol Injector Clean and Decarb do?
- Cleans fuel injectors
- Cleans intake manifold
- Cleans Throttle body
- Removes carbon deposits on intake valves
- Returns OEM injector spray patterns
- Restores volumetric efficiency requirements
- Removes contaminants and moisture from fuel tank & fuel lines
- Removes carbon deposits
- Improves fuel consumption
- Improves performance & driveability
- Gives a smoother idle
- Reduces exhaust emissions